- 418 545-5285
Follow Us on
Interpretation Centre of wind power in Cap Chat, in Haute-Gaspésie.
A guided visit allows you to know the secrets of Éole. In this gigantic structure, come to know its history and the designers of this vertical axis windmill, the highest in the world. See the innovative minds of designers and builders and admire this technological marvel that produce electricity. Discover the exhibits, the operation of small domestic windmills and historical pictures explaining the achievement of two types of windmills on this site. Picnic area and gift shop on-site.
New: Climb the twenty interior floors of the tower with a guide. Climb the first 35 meters and admire the surrounding landscape. Keep climbing up to 100 meters, and you get a 360 degree view. Admire the vastness, the sunrise or sunset, the majestic St. Lawrence River and Chic-Chocs mountains. See the harmony created between windmills of the Parc Le Nordais and the nature, admire the beauty of the region, while breathing the fragrance of this environment.
AEOLUS ÉOLE: name of the God of the winds in Greek mythology.
Windmill: providing an alternative energy, a green electricity, renewable, affordable and economical. A source of energy used in antiquity, forgotten then reused with success throughout the world. Contributes to lower greenhouse gas emissions, so harmful to the health of living things. Encourage and support researchers and builders, participate to the Climate Challenge, because every little act done by each and every one of us will have an impact on the health of our planet.
- Schedule: June 15 to September 7, 2017, daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- September 8 to october 29, Thursday to Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Minimum length of visit: 90 minutes for each activity.
- Admission fees.
- Prices for group and family package.
- Reservations required for groups and off-season.
- Access: This site is located in Cap-Chat west, perpendicular to Route 132, up the hill and you will find the reception building, facing the parking lot.