Photo : Tourisme Gaspésie
Photo : Mine d'agates du Mont Lyall
Photo : Jean-Pierre Huard
- 418 786-2374
In open-pit mine, become prospector and pick yourself beautiful agates and geodes. Discover, in this rare volcano (350 million years), fines stones (quartz, amethyst, cornelian, jasper and more), near the Chic-Chocs Wildlife Reserve.
We provide equipment and training. Bring good shoes and your food. Picnic area on site and two diamond saws for cutting your rock. Average lenght of activity: from 2 to 3 hours.
Gift shop on-site.
Reservation necessary for groups of 20 people or more.
How to get there?
From Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, take road 299 South. After 57 km, take the intersection leading to Murdochville and Sainte-Anne Lake for 1.5 km on a gravel road. You will then get a track on your right leading to the welcome office. From New Richmond, take road 299 North for 85 km.
- Mid-June to end of September, daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Check-in by 3 p.m. at the latest).
- $36/person for picking activity (including the visit and equipment).
- $12/adult accompanying a picker.
- $6/child 6-16 years accompanying a picker.
- Free for children under 6 years.
- Cutting of stones: $5 to $30, depending on the diameter.
- Payment: cash, Visa and Master Card.
- Taxes included in the price.