Located at the heart of the Paspébiac National Historic Site, Restaurant L’Ancre is a great place to discover traditional cuisine from Gaspésie. The restaurant, which is near the wharf, offers fish and seafood dishes made with local ingredients. Try our famous brill fricassée “à la Paspéya” or one of our classics such as the fish soup, crab guédille (roll) or cod fillet.
- Open: June 11 to October 7, 2023
- Monday and Thursday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday, closed, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Lunch and dinner
- Vegetarian, gluten-free and children's options
- Bring your own wine
- There may be someone on staff available to speak to you in English, and some translated material may be available.
Learn about the international cod trade by visiting our 11 period buildings. This is also an opportunity to meet authentic Paspéyas, as the locals are called, and savour traditional dishes while soaking up the sun and sea air.
The Paspébiac National Historic Site is the birthplace of the Robin and Le Boutillier Brothers companies. In the 19th century, Paspébiac was one of the largest export ports for dried cod in the world! You are sure to be impressed by the Le Boutillier warehouse, one of the largest fishing buildings ever built in North America. This five-storey wooden structure is the crown jewel of this unique historic site, which has been recognized by the Québec and Canadian governments. Since 1766, Paspébiac has been at the heart of the history of commercial fisheries in Gaspésie, a tradition that is still alive in this area.
A shop, Restaurant L’Ancre, boardwalk, beach, picnic tables and children’s playground complete an already memorable visit.
- Open: June 4 to October 7, 2023, daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Average length of visit: 3 hours
- Visit the website for dmission fees and opening hours
- You can be served in English, and translated materials are available
- 6Meeting room
- SEntertainment hall
- hPicnic area
- Menu végétarien
- Menu sans gluten
- Menu pour enfants