Avalanche Québec is a charitable organization dedicated to promoting avalanche safety in Québec. The only avalanche centre in Eastern Canada, this organization was founded in the fall of 1999 by the Haute-Gaspésie regional county municipality. Avalanche Québec’s field team travels throughout the mountains on a daily basis in order to be able to report the latest information available to the public on social media, via the Ski Haute-Gaspésie mobile app and on the Avalanche Québec website.
Before going off-trail snowmobiling or backcountry skiing in the Chic-Chocs, be sure to visit the “Chic-Chocs Conditions” section of the Avalanche Québec website to help you plan your trip and avoid any unpleasant surprises. (Certain sections of this page are available in English; see details below.)
- Live webcam from Parc national de la Gaspésie with a view of Mount Albert
- Weather data for various mountains (in French only)
- Alpine weather forecast for the Chic-Chocs (called “Prévision Météo Alpine” but available in English), which is updated twice a week
- Avalanche bulletin for the Chic-Chocs (called “Bulletin d’Avalanches des Chic-Chocs” but available in English), which includes danger ratings, avalanche problems and details (avalanche, snowpack and weather summaries)
- Avalanche awareness activities and tools
- Avalanche training program for the general public and professional guides
- And much more!
Follow Us on