The Cargo offers a nod to the industrial and maritime heritage of Matane, with a breathtaking view of the St. Lawrence to enjoy with a meal or drink.
Regional dishes, craft beers, privately imported wines. Heated patio and bonfires on the beach.
- Open: year-round
- Breakfast and dinner
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and children's options
An urban-style hotel by the sea
Distinctive comfort, modern facilities, breathtaking views... Every effort has been made to ensure we meet our guests’ needs with calm and inspiring open spaces and amazing views of the horizon.
On site, take advantage of the Cargo restaurant and lounge, patio overlooking the beach, Espace Vague (indoor pool, sauna and hot tub), tennis court and gym. You can also relax and enjoy massage therapy and beauty treatments at Oblivio Spa. The hotel offers an outdoor pool in the summer.
Are you looking for somewhere to hold a symposium, conference or business meeting? Located directly on the beach, Riôtel Matane is an exceptional destination for events. See the rooms available on the Riôtel website.
Riôtel Matane also offers the Pavillon sur Mer, a seaside pavilion located 150 metres from the main building. Directly on the beach, this pavilion offers 24 rooms overlooking the St. Lawrence, most of which have a balcony and patio door.
We are the only hotel chain to offer a customized Gaspésie Tour Package. This package includes 5 nights (or more) in our hotels, breakfasts, dinners and gratuities as well as an exclusive discount card valid in several tourist attractions in the region.
Riôtel Matane also offers the following packages:
Our services and amenities:
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool in summer (July and August, depending on temperature)
- Oblivio Spa: massage therapy and beauty treatments
- Children’s play module
- Tennis court with racket rentals
- Gym with sea view
- Free wireless Internet
- Free coffee in rooms
- Refrigerator in all rooms
- Some rooms with private balcony
- Air conditioning
- Iron and ironing board
- Cargo resto-lounge (breakfast and dinner)
- Meeting rooms
- Accessible via snowmobile trails
- Short- and long-term parking available for snowmobiles, trailers, etc.
- Free electric charging stations (3) for guests