DescriptionWhale-watching cruise in Forillon National Park
Come and discover one of Québec's hidden treasures with Croisières Baie de Gaspé: the great whales in Forillon National Park!
Board the Narval III from the enchanting Grande-Grave heritage site (South Area) for a whale-watching adventure that will help make your visit to Forillon National Park even more memorable!
Accompanied by a professional interpreter guide and a certified experienced captain, you will have the opportunity to discover the fascinating lives of these gentle giants of the sea.
Throughout the season, depending on the food available, as many as six different species of whales can be seen in the waters of Gaspé Bay and the Gulf of St. Lawrence, including blue whales (the largest animals on the planet) and spectacular humpbacks.
Forillon is the best site in the province of Québec to observe great whales.
Enjoy the exhilarating anticipation of trying to spot the huge back or tail of a breaching whale, the excitement of hearing their explosive blows and the privilege of watching acrobatic dolphins as they frolic in the waves.
This cruise offers you just the right combination of adventure and unspoiled nature along with guaranteed personal comfort and safety. In addition, unlike in other whale-watching areas, Forillon offers an intimate experience with the whales with few other boats nearby.
The picturesque scenery along the south shore of the park will unfold before your eyes as you journey from the Grande-Grave heritage site to Cap-Gaspé, where the renowned “Old Man” (Le Vieux) rock formation stands watch at the easternmost tip of the long Appalachian mountain range.
Croisières Baie de Gaspé is a certified "Ecotourism" and "Quality-Safety" member of Aventure Écotourisme Québec.
- Open: June 1 to October 18, 2022 for the Narval III
- Schedule: one to four departures daily
- Approximate duration of the cruise: 2.5 hours
- Capacity: 47 people
- Marine mammals observation, geology, history and interpretive guide
- Rates: $90/adult, $65/child (3 to 15 years old), free for children under 3
- Family package available for the Narval III
- Wearing a face covering is mandatory on the boat (10 years old and over); please wear warm clothing and bring a raincoat
- You can be served in English, and translated materials are available.