Come and enjoy a Mi’gmaq experience in Gaspé! Located on a headland in Gaspé Bay, at the foot of a mountain and near the forest, the Micmac Interpretation Site of Gespeg will introduce you to the M’igmaq Nation from yesterday to today. Learn about the Mi’gmaq occupation of the territory of Gaspésie as well as the history and culture of this Nation.
Explore the Mi’gmaq world in the interpretation centre and gift shop as well as in a faithful reconstruction of a 17th-century traditional village. You can also participate in workshops to learn to make traditional objects, including dream catchers, medicine wheels, traditional baskets, animal bracelets and necklaces made with porcupine quills.
- Open: June 14 to October 9, 2021, daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Guided visits tours in (French and English or French)
- Average length of visit: 90 minutes
- Admission fees
- You can be served in English; and translated materials are also available.
- 3Partially accessible
- ±Regional products sold on-site
- îGuided visits
- hPicnic area