Come and enjoy a Mi’gmaq experience in Gaspé! Located on a headland in Gaspé Bay, at the foot of a mountain and near the forest, the Micmac Interpretation Site of Gespeg will introduce you to the M’igmaq Nation from yesterday to today. Learn about the Mi’gmaq occupation of the territory of Gaspésie as well as the history and culture of this Nation.
Explore the Mi’gmaq world in the interpretation centre and gift shop as well as in a faithful reconstruction of a traditional 17th-century village. You can also participate in workshops to learn to make traditional objects such as dream catchers, medicine wheels, baskets, animal bracelets and necklaces made with porcupine quills.
- Open: June 9 to October 19, 2024, daily, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Guided visits tours in (French or English)
- Average length of visit: 90 minutes
- Admission fees
- Reservations required for activities and guided tours
- You can be served in English; and translated materials are also available.
- 3Partially accessible
- ±Regional products sold on-site
- îGuided visits
- hPicnic area