Photo : Tourisme Gaspésie
Photo : Mine d'agates du Mont Lyall
Photo : Jean-Pierre Huard
Mount Lyall agate mineInterpretation Sites
- Route 299 (Parc national de la Gaspésie, jonction Lac Sainte-Anne et Murdochville)
In open-pit mine, become prospector and pick yourself beautiful agates and geodes. Discover, in this rare volcano (350 million years), fines stones (quartz, amethyst, cornelian, jasper and more), near the Chic-Chocs Wildlife Reserve.
We provide equipment and training. Bring good shoes and your food. Picnic area on site and two diamond saws for cutting your rock. Average length of activity: from 2 to 3 hours, good weather like rainy days.
Gift shop on-site.
How to get there?
From Sainte-Anne-des-Monts, take road 299 South. After 57 km, take the intersection leading to Murdochville and Sainte-Anne Lake for 1.5 km on a gravel road. You will then get a track on your right leading to the welcome office. From New Richmond, take road 299 North for 85 km.
You can be served in English, and translated materials are available.
June 25 to September 3, 2023, daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Reservation required via our website.
- $39/person for picking activity (including the visit and equipment)
- $13/adult accompanying a picker
- $8/child 6-16 years old
- Free for children under 6 years old
- Cutting of stones: $5 to $30, depending on the diameter
- Payment: cash, Visa and Master Card
- Taxes included in the price.